Project 1968 Impala: Day 2

After work today I once again returned to the scene to continue my expedition of automotive revival. First thing I did was install the now fully charged battery and try out the lights. Headlights work for the most part, however with the blinkers only the left side works. I then added some coolant because it was looking dry. I tried to siphon as much of the old gas as I could. then poured about a gallon of fresh gas in. then poured about a quarter of a pint of Sea Foam Motor Treatmeant to help deal with any of the old gas remaining.

After several attempts I still couldn’t get it running. Realizing I hadn’t brought any carb cleaner I ran back to O’Reilly to get a can. A few more tries…

There’s still a lot of work to do. Like hoses, belts, tires, wiring, etc. But getting it to start was awesome. 😀

A happy young man in his car-to-be.
A happy young man in his car-to-be.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s